We need the help of a motivated, organized individual to help us produce the Festival. This is a great opportunity to get immersed in all tasks and responsibilities related to the production and promotion of a multiple day music festival.
FONT Music Intern
The Festival of New Trumpet Music (FONT Music) is committed to supporting new music by a diverse community of trumpet and brass players, and presenting their work to the public. The Festival promotes opportunity, encourages diversity, and enables community for and among trumpet players and those with whom they work.
The organization was founded in 2002 by trumpeter and composer Dave Douglas along with the late trumpeter Roy Campbell, Jr. We produce an annual festival of concerts and workshops in New York City in September, as well as off-season and satellite events. Our dynamic programming has offered musical presentations that otherwise might not have a stage, including over 200 concerts, more than 30 commissions, and support for over 250 players, all aligned with our mission to support new music and a diverse community of brass players.
FONT Music is a small, artist-led, all-volunteer organization that needs the help of a motivated, organized individual. This is a great opportunity to get immersed in all tasks and responsibilities related to the production and promotion of a multiple day music festival.
You will be reporting to our administrator and board chair and will be assisting them on a range of tasks that support the Festival. Tasks may include:
- Support Festival promotion including word of mouth at music schools, organizing street team to post flyers around venues, social media
- Handle printing and distribution of postcards and programs for Festival
- Help administrator with office tasks such as mailing, mail pick up, email follow up, donation tracking
- During Festival, help with sound checks, rehearsals, event liaison, manage door
- Help gather and organize materials to support publicist and program designer including artist bios, hires photos, program notes etc.
- Help with updates to fontmusic.org
Starting Immediately. Can work remotely for part of the time, but must be available in New York City from September 1 through September 30 to help with on the ground promotion, administration, and facilitation of our annual Festival. Hours will vary from about 5-10 per week, with more time demands during the Festival.
If you’re interested please send your application to email@example.com